Have you made a New Year’s Resolution?
I actually sat and thought hard about what I wanted to do for 2015 and I couldn’t come up with anything that I would stick to. When I think of NYR I think of just having a goal for January and then the hype of the new year is over. When I make goals I like to make goals for long-term and short-term.
Even though my plans for the new year didn’t plan out, it was still interesting as my husband and I laid in bed watching the ball drop talk about what we wanted to do for the new year. The first day of the new year started off with a roller coaster of emotions, but it was a great day.
My goals for 2015 are simple, but it’s not going to be easy. My husband and I have an idea of what we want, but we are opened minded to not everything panning out to go exactly as planned. Started off the new year in an interesting way with having more clarity on what it is I want , won’t stand for, and what I won’t give up.
Today is Day 15 and I have been self reflecting on the past 26 years of my life because on Saturday I will be turning 27. Ahhh! It’s like the realization that I’m going to be 30 in 3 years and those years will be going by fast. I know most of y’all are thinking, heck your just a baby, but my age is just a number. My spiritual journey didn’t start until I was 20 yrs old and it took a lot of bad events to get me to be more conscious of what I was doing with my life.
I accept all that’s happened and have no regrets as I was healing from past pain and evolving. I used to have this fear of getting to 30 and never accomplishing anything and feeling like a loser, but now I’m ready to conquer any challenges and reach my goals. It’s never too late to reach your goals or do something in life. Before I know it, my babies will be grown with their own families, and I will be settling down to retire and enjoy the new generation that I have created.
These goals are my goals. If you are like me who doesn’t like making a New Year’s Resolution, I suggest writing your goals out for the whole year. I mean seriously, write them down. People who write their goal down are more likely to accomplish them than someone who doesn’t.
Prioritize your goals. Figure out which one is the most important. Mine below are in randomly order, but I do have a few that I want to accomplish within 6 months. Short term goals will help you get towards your long term goals. I’m no longer looking at 2014 and the ups and downs I had. I’m just looking forward to another year of lessons, love, and happiness. ✌
- Driver’s License ! I need to just seriously get the damn thing already. I know how to drive. I just hate doctors. Time for a check up!
- I have stupid stuff on my credit report like hospital bills and a small utility bill from 3 yrs ago and I will be paying them off. School loans are paid so the money should go towards something else.
- Buy my first car! I have my eye on a specific mini van. With 4 kids and the possibility of growing our family I should just invest in a mini bus. LOL
- Back to school? I’ve been playing with the idea of going back and I’m doing my research before I jump back into a bulk of loans again. :/
- Eat better . Both my husband and I agreed to make some changes to our diet. I had an allergic reaction the other day after eating shrimp. Best believe after the first time of having my throat swell up is when I was 13 and ate mangoes and almost died. Lesson Learned. Don’t f*uck with that shit. We are gathering some tools and material to try Dr. Sebi’s Alkaline Food list and come up with fun recipes with the kids. I plan on sharing my experience with you guys.
- Be more creative and vulnerable with the blog. Make mistakes and learn what keeps my bliss flowing. I want to share some awesome tips about being a mom. But being a mom means multiple things and it wouldn’t make any sense if I didn’t share my personal experiences.
- Get Active. Join a gym, do a workout video, I will do something to lose this belly fat and feel good about myself.
- Kids have no toys until Spring time. Find crafts and other activities for them to do. Winter time is too cold for them to be outside with their asthma so I will find ways to keep them entertained.
- Stay opened minded and embrace all new experiences that come my way. I create my life and for 2015 I will feel proud, happy, abundant, and loved.
- Couponing! I will get back into couponing for household products to save money. Food is another issue beings we have food allergies and we switching our diet. I’ll figure that out as I go. But I did enjoy sharing the EBT deals in the past beings that we receive SNAP. I will share how I spend it to be healthy, allergy friend and save on necessities and beauty products. Plus some people are asking where are they at!
- Be more green! We recycle, but I want to try upcycling. It’s cool what you can create out of trash! Grow a herb garden.
These are my goals for 2015, but who knows what curve balls life throws at ya and I’m ready for it all. Plus, as I grow my goals and desires may change and I will update as I go. In the meantime, what would you like me to experiment with?! New recipe, DIY project, kids’ activities, or any other ideas leave them below!
Happy 2015 !